Click to call 602-254-8880 24/7 Click Here for Free Consultation

Modifications (With or Without Children)

In Arizona, once a “Final Judgment” resulting in a “Decree of Dissolution” has been finalized by the judge, it is possible to get that Decree modified by obtaining a “Modification.” You would either seek to work with the judge in order to obtain a “Modification of the Decree” or you could attack the Court’s Final Judgment. This can occur whether the judgment is fairly new, or whether it has been in place for quite some time. This website can only provide brief information on obtaining relief by way of modification, but it is always advisable to contact us or call us at (602) 254-8880 in order to set a free initial consultation with The Cantor Law Group. Each case is different, and it must be discussed on its individual facts. When attacking the judge’s ruling directly, this is done by way of a “Motion for New Trial” or an “Appeal.” If working with the judge, then this would simply be known as a “Modification.”

Often times a person’s circumstances will change and it then becomes necessary to ask the courts for a “Modification” of the prior court’s “Decree of Dissolution.” In Arizona, some of the factors that are looked to are the loss of a job; reduction of income; health issues; medical bills; and other issues which may arise due to the illness of a child. In order to insure that the Modification is granted, it is important to gather all witnesses and documentation which supports your claim that the Modification is immediately necessary. This is especially important if the change in circumstances is affecting the “best interests” of any child involved. At The Cantor Law Group, we have handled hundreds of modifications and are very familiar with the system. Contact us or call us at (602) 254-8880 in order to set your free initial consultation.
Modifications normally involve three different major categories:

  1. Modification of Spousal Maintenance
  2. Modification of Child Support
  3. Modification of Child Custody

It is extremely important that a list of all relevant information which may affect Modifications of a Final Judgment or Final Decree of Dissolution be prepared and provided to our office as soon as possible. Try and bring this list with you after you Contact us or call us at (602) 254-8880 in order to meet The Cantor Law Group for your free initial consultation.

Click Here for Free ConsultationComparison Questions to Ask when Hiring a Lawyer


10.0 Superb Rating

AV-Highest Rated
Preeminent Lawyers


Super Lawyer
Southwest Super Lawyers®

Top 10 Attorney
National Academy of
Family Law Attorneys

Top 100 Lawyer
American Society of
Legal Advocates

Client Satisfaction Award
American Institute of
Family Law Attorneys

Lifetime Charter Member
Best Attorneys of America

American Association
for Justice

Charter Member
Trial Masters

Sustaining Member
Arizona's Finest Lawyers

Top Valley Lawyer
North Valley Magazine

Member Since 1989
American Bar Association

Sustaining Member
Arizona Trial
Lawyers Association