Click to call 602-254-8880 24/7 Click Here for Free Consultation

Marital Settlement Agreement/Consent Decree

In Arizona, instead of going to “Trial”, the parties can reach an agreement which is known as a “Marital Settlement Agreement” or “Consent Decree.” This document acts as a contract and it must be signed by both parties and filed with the court. It normally is titled a “Stipulation to File Consent Decree” and it is filed concurrently with the “Decree of Dissolution”. Once the judge reviews it, if he grants the order, he will then sign it. This acts as proving all of the terms which are contained in an agreement. It will only be overruled if the judge sees a glaring inequity contained within the agreement.
Before entering into a “Marital Settlement Agreement” or “Consent Decree” in Arizona, you should consult The Cantor Law Group in order to make sure you’re not forfeiting any important rights. Just because you may be in a depressed state of mind, you do not want to waive rights you did not anticipate. Even though this agreement will settle “Property Division”, “Spousal Maintenance”, and potentially Child Custody and Child Support if children are involved, you do not want to “give away the farm.”

Contact us or call The Cantor Law Group at (602)254-8880 immediately for a free initial consultation designed to provide helpful information regarding a “Marital Settlement” or a “Consent Decree” as it applies to your individual situation.

Click Here for Free ConsultationComparison Questions to Ask when Hiring a Lawyer


10.0 Superb Rating

AV-Highest Rated
Preeminent Lawyers


Super Lawyer
Southwest Super Lawyers®

Top 10 Attorney
National Academy of
Family Law Attorneys

Top 100 Lawyer
American Society of
Legal Advocates

Client Satisfaction Award
American Institute of
Family Law Attorneys

Lifetime Charter Member
Best Attorneys of America

American Association
for Justice

Charter Member
Trial Masters

Sustaining Member
Arizona's Finest Lawyers

Top Valley Lawyer
North Valley Magazine

Member Since 1989
American Bar Association

Sustaining Member
Arizona Trial
Lawyers Association