Click to call 602-254-8880 24/7 Click Here for Free Consultation


Although there are several ways in Arizona in which to gain Custody over a child who is not your natural child, the main two options are “Guardianship” and “In Loco Parentis” (i.e., Non-Parent Custody). In order to find out which option is best for you, Contact us or call (602)254-8880 in order to set your free initial consultation with the Cantor Law Group today!

“Consensual Guardianship” in Arizona confers legal authority to a Non-Parent over a child through written contractual consent. A person who does have authority over the child (usually a birth parent) can immediately withdraw their consent and dissolve the Guardianship at any time. Because it is a “Consensual Guardianship”, the non-parent guardian is not allowed to officially Petition for a Guardianship if one of the parents has indicated they will be fighting that request. If the non-parent guardian wishes to challenge a parent’s withdrawal of the Consent Guardianship, then they must proceed through a “Non-Parent Custody Petition” (also known as In Loco Parentis). If either one of these two scenarios is a route you wish to pursue, Contact us or call (602)254-8880 to set your free initial consultation with the Cantor Law Group today!

Click Here for Free ConsultationComparison Questions to Ask when Hiring a Lawyer


10.0 Superb Rating

AV-Highest Rated
Preeminent Lawyers


Super Lawyer
Southwest Super Lawyers®

Top 10 Attorney
National Academy of
Family Law Attorneys

Top 100 Lawyer
American Society of
Legal Advocates

Client Satisfaction Award
American Institute of
Family Law Attorneys

Lifetime Charter Member
Best Attorneys of America

American Association
for Justice

Charter Member
Trial Masters

Sustaining Member
Arizona's Finest Lawyers

Top Valley Lawyer
North Valley Magazine

Member Since 1989
American Bar Association

Sustaining Member
Arizona Trial
Lawyers Association